Setting Your Square Wave Bolus
Device: 754 (VEOTM), 722, 715, 712
Note: During delivery of a Square Wave bolus, you will not be able to do the following pump functions:
- Change the max bolus amount
- Change the scroll rate
- Disable or deliver Dual and Square Wave boluses
- Rewind or fill the cannula (or fixed prime)
- Change the active insulin time
- Run a self-test
- Access the User Settings menu
All other pump functions are still available during the Square Wave bolus.
Important: It is important you consult with your healthcare provider before using a Square Wave bolus.
To set up a Square Wave bolus, you must first turn on the dual/square bolus option.
- Make sure the Dual/ Square Wave option is on.
- For 754 (VEOTM)
Main Menu > Bolus > Bolus Setup > Dual/Square Bolus
- For 722, 715, 712 insulin pump models
Main Menu > Bolus > Dual/Square Bolus
- Select On, then press ACT. The feature is now on. Exit the menus.
- Calculate your food and/or correction bolus amount.
- Go to the BOLUS TYPE screen.
- Main Menu > Bolus > Set Bolus
- Select Square Wave Bolus, then press ACT. The SET SQUARE BOLUS screen appears.
- Enter the desired amount for the Square Wave bolus units, then press ACT.
- The SQUARE DURATION screen appears. Enter the amount of time you want the Square Wave bolus to last, then press ACT.
Note: If you have BG reminder turned On, the BG REMINDER DURATION screen displays. It allows you to set the duration before you are reminded to check your blood glucose after a bolus.
- The BOLUS DELIVERY screen appears with an open circle indicating that your pump is in Special mode. The pump beeps/vibrates at the start of the bolus. During bolus delivery, the pump will return to the HOME screen. The pump beeps/vibrates at the end of the bolus and the open circle disappears.