Changing Your Easy Bolus
Device: 754 (VEOTM), 722, 715, 712
Important: It is important to discuss this feature with your healthcare provider.
To set up an Easy bolus, you must first turn on the Easy bolus option.
- Go to the EASY BOLUS OPTION screen.
- For 754 (VEOTM)
Main Menu > Bolus > Bolus Setup > Easy Bolus
- For 722, 715, 712 insulin pump models
Main Menu > Bolus > Easy Bolus
- Select On/Set, then press ACT.
- The EASY BOLUS ENTRY screen flashes the step value. Change the value, then press ACT. The step value is the increment you will use for your Easy bolus.
- The screen will return to the BOLUS MENU. Your step amount is now programmed and Easy Bolus is ready to use.
- From the HOME screen, press the UP arrow. The SET EASY BOLUS screen appears with the single step value flashing.
- Press the UP arrow the number of times needed for your bolus amount. Watch the amount change on the screen with each press. The pump will vibrate or sound a different tone for each press.
- When your total bolus amount appears on the SET EASY BOLUS screen, press ACT. Listen/feel to count the steps without looking at the screen.
For example: You need to deliver a 2.0 unit bolus, and your step size is set to 0.5. Each time you press, the units increase by the step amount of 0.5 units. To deliver 2.0 units, you need to press the UP arrow button four times. (4 × 0.5 = 2.0) The screen will show 2.0 units.
Note: For your safety, you cannot use the down arrows to select the Easy Bolus values. Pressing DOWN or ESC will cancel any bolus.
- If this amount is correct, press ACT to start the Easy Bolus delivery. The BOLUS DELIVERY screen will show the units being delivered. When the total bolus is finished, the pump will beep or vibrate.
- If this amount is wrong, press ESC or to start over. The pump will return to the HOME screen.