Changing Your Basal Rate(s)
DEVICE: 754 (VEOTM), 722, 715, 712
Important: Your healthcare provider will calculate your basal rates for you.
Note: You cannot make changes to your basal rate settings while a percent temporary basal is active.
||0.025 units (for rates between 0.025-0.975 u/h)
0.05 units (for rates between 1-9.95 u/h)
0.1 units (for rates of 10 u/h or more)
- Go to the SET BASAL RATE 1 screen.
Main Menu > Basal > Basal Setup > Set/Edit Basal
- The SET BASAL RATE 1 screen flashes the basal rate in U/H.
- Enter your first basal rate amount and press ACT.
The start time for your first basal rate is midnight and cannot be changed.
- The SET START TIME 2 screen appears. The dashes under the screen name flash. The first basal rate is now set. If you do not need a second basal rate for the day, press ESC. If you need to set up a second basal rate for the day, follow steps 5 and 6.
- In the SET START TIME 2 screen, enter the start time for the next rate.
- Press ACT. The SET BASAL RATE 2 screen appears. Enter the rate.
- Press ACT. The SET START TIME 3 screen appears. The second basal rate is now set. If you do not need to set up any more basal rates for the day, press ESC and skip to step 9. If you need to set up more basal rates, follow steps 5 and 6 for each basal rate.
- After you program your last basal rate, press ESC.
- The BASAL RATE screen appears. Your basal rate(s) will now deliver as programmed. Press ESC.
- Scroll down to BASAL REVIEW and press ACT. Review your settings to ensure they are correct. Press ESC to exit the menus.